How to view cost of Kubernetes Pod and Service
nOps is designed to help give granular cost to your EKS, pods, services. To view the cost of your EKS resources, use the following steps:
- Login to your nOps acccount
This will lead you to the landing page dashboard that shows a summary of different metrics.
- Navigate the mouse to the top menu item labelled Cost Control and click to view the menu items. On the items that display in the list, click on the Container Cost menu item.
This is will lead to the Containers Cost Page.
- The dashboard shows a graph, that shows daily container cost and scrolling down you will see a list of EKS clusters that have been created within the AWS account. This list shows the cost of each EKS cluster per day.
- From the snapshot there is a title called EKS Clusters List. You can see list of EKS clusters that have been created. We can get more detailed cost of components of the Kubernetes cluster such as the cost for each Worker Node (EC2 Instance), Services and Pods. Click on the particular EKS cluster you wish to view details about. From our screenshot, we will click on nops-test-eks cluster
- This will give more details into the Serivces, Nodes (EC2 Instances) and Pods within the cluster