How to Create Workloads (MSP)
If you are not already logged into the Partner Dashboard follow these steps:
Navigate to the top right corner of the screen where you have the name of the user that is currently logged in. Click on the name to display the drop-down menu. On the menu that shows, navigate to the Partner Dashboard menu item and click.
This will take us to the Partners Dashboard page.
- On the Partners Dashboard, there is a menu item at the top with the title Workloads.
Click on the Workloads link. This will take you to the Workloads page.
On the Workloads page, click on the Create New Workload on the top-right corner of the screen.
A form will pop-up on the side, fill out the form with all the required information.
Workload Name - This is the unique identifier for your workload.
- AWS Account(s) - The AWS Account(s) where the resources for your workload live.
- Workload Type - Defines the overall workload type. Please select “Well-Architected.”
- Lens - nOps supports the AWS lens concept. Please select FTR for the lens type.
- Environment - This defaults to Production and defines the environment from an AWS perspective.
- Jira project - If you are using the built-in Jira integration, you will be able to select a Jira project to integrate with.
- Description - A text description of your workload.
After you have filled out the metadata for your workload, you can click the gray bar that says, “Specify Workload Resource,” causing the query builder to slide into view. nOps allows you to specify rules that define which resources will be added to the workload.
- Regions - The regions that nOps will pull resources from. This defaults to All.
- AWS Managed Services - The AWS services that nOps will include in your workload. This defaults to All.
- VPC - The VPCs that contain the resources that nOps will include in your workload. This defaults to All.
- Tags - Select tags to be assigned to the resources you want to include, e.g., “ApplicationA.”
Click “Save” to create your workload.